Hi friends and family,
If you've received an invitation from us over the last day or so about our blog, there is a good reason for it. Last week, while up with Dane at 3am, I received an email alerting us that someone had commented on one of the images of Torsten on our blog. I didn't recognize the name, but we originally kept the blog public so other parents could have access to the information we were teaching ourselves along the way, so that wasn't surprising. However, the comment seemed inappropriate, so I checked into the poster. The things I saw next, I've been wishing since that I could un-see.
The man who had found my sweet son's picture is a vile monster. He is a pedophile and child pornographer. His Google+ profile and blog are full of images of infant genitals, videos that I've been told contain the raping of babies (I can NOT watch) and comments about the terrible things he has done or was about to do with these children.
I immediately erased the comment, deleted the picture and changed our privacy settings on the blog to "private". I spent the rest of that night and most of the following day vomiting, crying and calling every agency I thought would care that this monster was out there hurting babies. I've spoken with the FBI (they seem ambivalent) and the Center for Missing and Exploited Children (they seem furious, in a good way). I'm planning to call the FBI back tomorrow because I just have to make them care about this. They told me that, unless there was a picture or video of the man "in the act" with a baby, there wasn't much they could do. Research is telling me otherwise and I hope that it's just the one agent who is confused about this.
I'll try to post an update both on this situation and on the boys soon. In general, they're both doing great, but things have changed a lot since the last post. I do promise more information soon and appreciate all of your concern!
Lots of love,
T & the boys
If you've received an invitation from us over the last day or so about our blog, there is a good reason for it. Last week, while up with Dane at 3am, I received an email alerting us that someone had commented on one of the images of Torsten on our blog. I didn't recognize the name, but we originally kept the blog public so other parents could have access to the information we were teaching ourselves along the way, so that wasn't surprising. However, the comment seemed inappropriate, so I checked into the poster. The things I saw next, I've been wishing since that I could un-see.
The man who had found my sweet son's picture is a vile monster. He is a pedophile and child pornographer. His Google+ profile and blog are full of images of infant genitals, videos that I've been told contain the raping of babies (I can NOT watch) and comments about the terrible things he has done or was about to do with these children.
I immediately erased the comment, deleted the picture and changed our privacy settings on the blog to "private". I spent the rest of that night and most of the following day vomiting, crying and calling every agency I thought would care that this monster was out there hurting babies. I've spoken with the FBI (they seem ambivalent) and the Center for Missing and Exploited Children (they seem furious, in a good way). I'm planning to call the FBI back tomorrow because I just have to make them care about this. They told me that, unless there was a picture or video of the man "in the act" with a baby, there wasn't much they could do. Research is telling me otherwise and I hope that it's just the one agent who is confused about this.
I'll try to post an update both on this situation and on the boys soon. In general, they're both doing great, but things have changed a lot since the last post. I do promise more information soon and appreciate all of your concern!
Lots of love,
T & the boys
No comments:
Post a Comment